The Pledge of Allegiance was published by two school children in 1892. The magazine was called " The Youths Companion". It was created to celebrate the 400'th aniversery of Christipher Colombus. This article explains the significint words in the pledge. It also talks how American citizens dont see the significince and the importance in the pledge.
In class we are studying how our nation and goverment was formed. We are also learning about citizens rights and resonsibilities. This pledge is connected to our learning because the pledge of allegiance is a sign that a citizen is commited to there country. This helpes grow an even stronger bong between country and citizen.
We use the pledge for school eeryday. Just think millions of kids a day are repeating the important pledge. But alot of kids dont understand it and are just repeating it just because they are told. Well this blog is here to tell you that pledge is super important. Next time you do the pledge think of your country.
I my self thought that the Pledge of Allegiance was nothing but a phrase you say everyday. But after reading that article it realy got me thinking about our great country. In the pledge it says "I pledge Allegiance" I thought that meant nothing but realy it means a promise to be faithfull and true. This blog explains The Pledge of Alligience and its significinces. I hope you learned somthing new because I shure did.
No comments:
Post a Comment